G2 Crowd Reports Cover Breadth of Business Intelligence Industry
G2 Crowd has just released its 2018 Fall Reports. There is excellent coverage of the business intelligence (BI) software and platform space, with a variety of sub-topic reports such as self-service, search, location, and embedded.
G2 Crowd places a heavy emphasis on the voice of the customer via the collation of unbiased user reviews through its peer-to-peer platform. The company is approaching its 500,000th verified user review, and has proven to be a valued resource for organizations considering BI software licensing.
Here is a summary of Information Builders' inclusion: our WebFOCUS BI and analytics platform has been named a Leader based on receiving a high Customer Satisfaction score and having a large Market Presence. 90 percent of users rated it 4 or 5 stars, 92 percent of users believe it is headed in the right direction, and 85 percent of users said they would be likely to recommend WebFCOUS. WebFOCUS is also in the Business Intelligence Platforms, Enterprise Search, and Predictive Analytics categories.
Products are ranked by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact), and placed into four categories on the Grid®: Leaders, High Performers, Contenders, and Niche Solutions. There are several reports and reviews that are relevant to Information Builders' BI software, and we are pleased to have been ranked by actual users as 'Leaders' in these reports:
- Grid Report for BI Platforms
- Grid Report for BI Platforms Mid-Market
- Grid Report for BI Platforms Enterprise
- Grid Report for Self-Service BI
- Grid Report for Self-Service BI Mid-Market
- Grid Report for Self-Service BI Enterprise
- Enterprise Search
Here are a few links to access the G2 Crowd BI topics on the company's website, and also to the WebFOCUS reviews.
It is interesting to see what a platform needs to qualify for inclusion. To qualify for the Business Intelligence Platforms category, a product must:
- Consume data from any source through file uploads, database querying, and application connectors
- Require IT or data professionals to build and deploy an analytics architecture and environment to transform data into a useful and relatable model
- Require coding knowledge to support data modeling, blending, and discovery processes
- Create reports and visualizations with business utility
- Create and deploy internal analytics applications
This type of crowdsourcing is another, and credible way to attain research about a product you are considering. Perhaps there is nothing better than to read reviews by actual users, and the source of that review being a third-party and not the vendor themselves.
Thanks for your time today.